Sunday, February 28, 2016

One-punch man season 1 review

One-punch man season 1 review:



          Wow... Words simply cannot describe how infatuated I am with this exquisite anime adaptation of One's famous manga, One-punch man. First of all, the art is superb. It's the best anime artwork I've seen in any anime to this day. Although the artwork is awesome, the story is quite simple. Similar to Dragon ball z, the plot is simple as follows: Someone is strong, I will defeat him. That is essentially the mind set of Saitama, the main character. The strong individuals that he goes after are villains; this story being about superheroes and villains. Genos, an awesome side character is his side kick.
          Now that I've broken the ice with some information on the anime as a whole, let's get into the meat of the anime. While I was watching this anime, I realized something. What are these character's backstories? This question isn't promptly answered in the anime, as the plot holes elude to. Who's Saitama's family? Where was Genos born? Who is Mumen rider? Of course, these questions may be answered in a future season 2, but it isn't really presented at all in season 1 so far... Because of this fact, the story has many plot holes and questionable events. With no spoilers presented, this notion weakens the anime as a whole.
          I do, however love the heart-wrenching catastrophes in the anime. There is an event where the character, Mumen rider has to stand up to death, and I genuinely teared up as this predicament ensued. Because of that, the anime hooks me in new ways to it's story telling, and character development as an entirety. Great job, Japan, you have made a guy cry his heart out over an animated, fictional character. Props to you, Japan. Props to you. The story is fairly simple, and likewise, in the character Saitama. I love his comedic one liners, and comic relief in such a serious environment.
          The contrast between Saitama san and Genos kun is hilarious and refreshing, as this relationship isn't presented as well and as daring in past animes in which I have seen. This anime is definitely anime of the year of 2016 in my opinion.

I would rate One-punch man season 1 an A.


1 comment:

  1. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. Manga

    ReplyDelete